I will post my personal story later but for now know this. Cancer is bad! You can help so please do.
Links and ReTweets are of course encouraged!
The short version:
1. I am fund raising For the Huntsman Cancer Institute as a member of their Home Town Heroes cycling team. As part of that I will be riding in this Epic race. http://lotojaclassic.com
2. We all know people touched by cancer. The fight is real. How real?
For men we have slightly less then a 1 in 2 chance of getting cancer
For Women the odds are slightly less then 1 in 3 chance of getting cancer
3. You should donate any amount you can but, even $1 from everyone that might read this will help.
Please-You can donate here now:
Examples of your dollars at work:
* $1,526 keeps the Utah Population Database running for one day so researchers can map possible genetic mutations
* $500 ensures that our Cancer Learning Center is available to patients and family in that hour of crisis
* $300 keeps a high risk cancer evaluation affordable for a family at risk and pays for the qualified genetics counselor to map their family history
* $100 purchases a tobacco prevention DVD to educate youth about the dangers of tobacco
* $50 runs a load of our glass wash service– an essential shared resource among all of our laboratories
* $10 sends four information packets to cancer patients
* $5 buys 20 petri dishes used in HCI Labs
There are so many around us that fight a battle with cancer. Some famous and some not so much but, the odds are this will fight will eventually include many many of us. I would like to ask for you help today by donating to the Huntsman Cancer Foundation. Your donation goes directly to cancer research. Research that is shared with other like minded facilities around the world. While the Huntsman family underwrites the administrative costs of the foundation’s staff and the $235MM facility and hospital the fact is that one family can’t do it all. Please donate today!
A post on my longer and personal Why I am doing this…to come later:
About the Huntsman Hometown Heroes Team:
The Huntsman Hometown Heroes has endurance event teams for both cycling and running. As a team we get to ride or run (I will be riding) in some exciting events in an effort to bring awareness to the reality of cancer and to help raise funds for cancer research.
Please Donate online here:
Help me reach my goal of $3000 and I will also personally donate the cost of my entrance fees for the race that would normally be paid for me as a member of Hometown Heroes (About $170 this year)
Below are some links to info you may find helpful.
Huntsman Cancer Foundation
FAQ – Huntsman Cancer Foundation
Ways to Donate
Online (Fast, Safe, and Secure)
By Phone: Please call
Please Mention the Hometown Heroes and indicate you’d like to make a donation by credit card over the phone.
In Person: Give a check to me in person when you see me. Please make check payable to “Huntsman Cancer Foundation”
By Mail: Please make check payable to “Huntsman Cancer Foundation” and mail to 500 Huntsman Way, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108. Include your full name and address so we can send the correct tax information.
Please link to and ReTweet this as you feel motivated. All help is appreciated and thank you all for your time!